Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Studio Shot Tuesdays

I spent a lot of the weekend cleaning up my studio!


My studio isn't really pretty but it is practical - especially now that it is tidy! I'm quite pleased that my fabric has remained tamed and my notions are still neatly tucked into their drawer.

One thing missing from the above shot is my beautiful spool rack that my husband made for me a long time ago:



He used two different kinds of wood to create the diamond pattern. I have no idea how he drilled the holes for the spool dowels. This rack was my Christmas present the same year I surprised him with a hand-knitted sweater. He still has the sweater but my spool rack gets more use!

My cleaning frenzy coincided nicely with the advent of LittleputBook's new flickr group, Studio Shot Tuesdays. Go check out some other work spaces!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo I love the thread board, awesome :O)

Its so neat and tidy :O)

Leigh-Ann said...

...didn't you just clean before you left for your one month vacation? either way, it looks good Maia! :)

Sherry said...

I've tagged you as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger!"
Check it out:
http://dandelionblu.blogspot.com/2007/08/ive-been-tagged.html

I read a lot and am terrible about commenting, but just wanted to give you some support! Love your blog!
Cheers!

Steph said...

I think I would spend all my time rearranging things on the spool rack, just for fun.

Unknown said...

the spool rack the coolest!